Security guard services and their management in the recent COVID-19 pandemic situation
One of the best ways to protect you or any property and assets (personal or private) is to hire a private security guard in San Diego, California. San Diego is California’s 2nd biggest city and 8th in the US and it surrounds 18 included cities and many other neighbor hoods. It also has very good weather and stretch of sandy beaches with and major attractions throughout the year such as Sea World, Zoo, Safari Park, and LEGO LAND. It is known all over the world as the best tourist destinations as well as an awesome place for residents to relax. With that level of recognition with an increasing population, there is a necessity for the prevention of assets and personal space.
The Security licence is provided by BSIS (Bureau of Security and Investigative Services) to the security services company. The professional and licenced security services provide policing services for neighborhood, businesses or personal security providing the protection that is required. They hire one of the best security guards in California. It is very essential for a security guard company in San Diego, to properly train and employ the best candidate for the job and they provide highly trained, fully equipped and licenced security guards.
Also, due to the recent pandemic due to coronavirus (COVID-19), security guards are expected to deliver their routine levels of service as well as help in government and community efforts to combat the virus.The security guards need to be aware of a few things like how to recognize, protect and respond if exposed to the infectious virus.
- Security services companies have applied early warning systems and are well-equipped to react to work force fluctuations of any type which includes patrolling and tracking all shifts across all sites and monitoring guard availability. They are also developing a pool of security guards on-hand, shift managers and schedulers monitoring the recent availability of active and on-call guards curbing possible shortages in guards and to making sure that their client’s trust is maintained.
- Guards-at-the-go — It is tough for security services companies to make sure that a sick guard has a replacement having similar skills, abilities, and training. For instance, if a guard is sick but is armed, trained and skilled at guarding in the hospitality industry to high-end resort hotels, then the replacement guard should possess the same skills and abilities as an unarmed security guard cannot be sent as a replacement having experience in other sectors, though they have similar core basics. Hence, a range of well-trained guards that are ready-on-the-go for duty and shift continuity is essential.
- Remote Supervision — Risks to security companies and work force decreases with distant workforce management as from a remote location, a security head could proactively control guards located at different locations across the country as well as internationally thus minimizing their own risk of getting infected by the virus. This way the security head can make informed decisions, know whereabouts of the guards and ware of the issues and meeting service level agreements (SLAs).
- Irregularities for Guards — Due to the pandemic several companies have proactively closed or ceased due to emergency announced by federal authorities which eventually impacted the demand for security guards. Also, several companies started relying on their alarm systems for security with only one or two guards on duty.
- The key to prepare for possible pay inconsistencies prior to the impact on Guards and Financial Operations is to prepare for risks surrounding billing and pay. Scaling may also be required and there are additional opportunities to support new clients requesting additional security.
- Many sectors respond to the self-quarantine or WFH (work-from-home) orders with unmatched action. Also, the security sector is dealing with inconsistent impacts on their contracts, mainly in maintaining adequate guards to cover open shifts to replace absentee guards. Some of the big companies have dedicated to paying their client till the mid of April so that a portion of the guards can be kept at home which is an exemplary action reflecting that they can be flexible enough in tough times.
The security guards in San Diego, California are looking forward to protecting the health and safety of their clients and remain on standby when required and any crisis situation.